The Theory Of Everything and Its Positive Impact on Financial Well-Being with Dr. Ted Klontz
“People like me don’t want to hear ‘it might not work.’ The more you can remind me ‘this is our best guess,’ I think that’s helpful.”
Today, our host Ed Coambs has the pleasure of welcoming Dr. Ted Klontz. Dr. Klontz takes us on an insightful journey through the Theory of Everything. He delves into the stories we create about our life experiences, and how these narratives shape our interactions with others. Listen in as he shares how embracing these differing perspectives can foster understanding and meaningful connections with those around us. Dr. Klontz also reminds us of the value in acknowledging and giving grace to each other's narratives, instead of seeking to change them.
In another compelling segment of the conversation, they discuss the challenge of belief systems within group identities. This discussion was triggered by the experience of an artist management organization founder who was seeking to save her clients a significant sum of money over their careers. This narrative extends to the field of financial planning, where they noted the existence of various models.
Ed and Dr. Klontz delve into the paradoxes of financial planning and the importance of honesty in client relationships. The conversation rounds off with a profound discussion on self-love, its role in our relationships, and the necessity of reflective pauses for personal growth. All this and much more in today’s episode of Healthy Love and Money!
- Listening and Understanding Others’ Perspectives (02:09)
- Stories, Beliefs, and Confrontation (07:41)
- Building a Personal Belief System to Cope with Loss (13:16)
- Communication and Understanding in Relationships (18:17)
- Personal Growth and Financial Planning (21:01)
- Unpredictability and Risk Management in Financial Planning (31:36)
- Financial Planning and Self-Awareness (37:42)
- Dr. Klontz’ Parting Words of Wisdom (41:36)
Connect With Healthy Love and Money:
- Schedule your free 30-Minute Discovery Call About Therapy-Informed Financial Planning™.
- Learn about your money and attachment style with this short Attachment Style Quiz.
- Buy the Double Award Winning Book: The Healthy Love and Money Way.
- Hit Follow on Your Favorite Podcast Player To Get the Latest Episodes.